Today I thought I would share with you one of our newest and most unique property marketing ideas. We’re currently the only Bishop’s Stortford estate agent using this new idea, and it’s proving to be a huge success. Started in February this year – The Personal Property Shop are pleased to introduce you to the latest property selling phenomenon ‘Brochure Boards’ (no we couldn’t think of a more imaginative name, suggestions welcome!) and their aim is simple – to help you sell your property faster AND for the best possible price.
What is a brochure board?
You might have seen these in the United States as estate agents over there have been using them for AGES (always one step behind our friends in America!) Quite simply, we attach a clear box to the post on your usual estate agent For Sale board. Inside this box we place your gorgeous printed property brochures, with of course the very best photographs and description of your home. This means that potential buyers walking or driving past and seeing your home is for sale, can take a brochure there and then to see the full details of your property.
What are the benefits of brochure boards?
- Buyers are an impatient bunch – so being able to get the information they want immediately is vital. Being able to there and then take a look at the full details, they’re far more likely to book that all important viewing.
- People might be pleasantly surprised – by having free brochures outside the property, someone might take one ‘on a whim’ and actually be pleasantly surprised by how lovely your property is and book a viewing when they might not have done after seeing the property on rightmove.co.uk.
- You’re in their mind for longer – if they take away a copy of your brochure then your property details linger around far longer than an email. Property details may well sit on their kitchen side as a constant reminder of your property, once again encouraging that all important viewing to be booked.
- They can pass the brochure on – yes some of your neighbours might take a brochure just to be nosy, but that’s actually a good thing. Think – who do they know who might be looking to buy in the area? Who might they pass the details to? Once again, this increases the exposure of your property to potential buyers.
- It draws attention to your property –let’s face it as no other Bishop’s Stortford estate agent is currently using these brochure boxes, your property is going to stand out. Buyers are still curious about this new strategy so they’re far more likely to come over and take a brochure, once again drawing attention to your property.
We’re finding that between 15 and 20 brochures are being taken from each property each week, which is 15 to 20 extra people seeing your property who might not have done otherwise. At the end of the day when selling your home it’s all about getting enough (and the right) kind of people through the door – and our ‘Brochure Board’ strategy certainly ticks that box for home sellers (‘scuse the pun). We’ve also written a great article on the benefits of having a for sale board at your property.
Thinking about moving?
Want a Brochure Board at YOUR property? Then give us a call to book your free valuation on 01279 719193. Find out what else we’re doing that no other estate agent in Bishop’s Stortford has tried!
What to read next? ‘7 ways to achieve the best price when you sell’