Estate agent photos have hit the headlines recently with ‘Photography Horrors’ showing the worst property photography. Your photos are the first thing potential buyers will see and use to form their first impression of your property. If your photos don’t do your property justice, what’s going to attract someone to book a viewing? Yet so many properties currently on the market have below-par photos (see for yourself, just go on Rightmove!). If people form a first impression in under 7 seconds then surely everyone should have the best possible photographs of their home?
Stunning photos, showing off all the best features of your home will get the buyers wanting more and THAT is when you’ll get viewings. More viewings = more interest = more offers = the best price! If you were selling a diamond ring or a Ferrari, I’m pretty sure you would have professional photographs in your brochure, wouldn’t you?
Here’s 5 reasons you should insist on professional quality photography:
1. He or she will have a creative eye – they will see great shots that no one else would have thought to take, will see the best angles, leading lines and where best to shoot a room. They’ll know how the room should be laid out and ultimately how to make your home look amazing.
2. They have the best equipment – lots of good photographers spend thousands on their camera and lenses. That doesn’t mean to say you can’t take good photos with a cheaper camera but the best equipment really does give them the edge. These cameras capture the most incredible detail and make the difference between an ‘ordinary’ photo and a show home quality one.
3. They know how to deal with light – ever seen those photos where you can’t see out of the windows? Seen photos where the room has a yellowy glow? Any trained photographer knows techniques to deal with different light sources and to make a room look its best.
4. They create lifestyles – rather than just snapping each room, professionals help you sell a lifestyle and not just bricks and mortar. Through the power of photography they’ll get buyers imaging the wonderful times they’ll have in their new home and the sort of lifestyle they could lead. Even simple shots with a table laid can get a buyer imagining socialising with friends in their new home.
5. They’ll create a professional finish – editing normally takes longer than taking the photos themselves! A professional will spend hours adjusting photos so they look the very best; brightness, saturation and clarity are all adjusted in the editing process to give that professional look.
What to read next? ‘Why Isn’t My Home Selling?‘